Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm a liar...and updates on other unimportant stuffs...

Remember that last post? The one where I said we were going to start going to the state park? Yeah, well, that was a lie. Haven't been there yet, though I did buy mace, that has to count for something right? I tend to do this a lot though, promise the dogs something and then not follow through. They don't seem too upset about it. Maybe they've come to expect it from me, or maybe it's because they don't speak or comprehend the majority of the English language aside from "walk" "hungry?" and "treats." They know others when it benefits them.
It's a good thing I don't ever plan on having children, I'd be that horrible parent who promises their kid everything and delivers on nothing. At least I'd be consistent.

In other news, I picked up another job. That's three, count them, three jobs now! It's at Panera Bread.

I had planned on moving into my own apartment, one of the reasons I got another job, but it seems nobody wants to rent to a college student with two dogs. Go figure! So for now I'm stuck at home and not very happy about it. If I can somehow make the upstairs tenant's lives so miserable that they cannot live there anymore, I get to move up there. Which means my mom will be my landlord and I would be able to get another dog or at the very least foster some.
It's probably sad that I'm already planning a corgi themed room for the dogs. I don't care.

I'm presenting one of my stories to the Creative Writing Guild next week. If it doesn't turn out to be complete crap I might post a link for all of you non-existent blog followers to read.

Izzy and Frodo both had a teeny, tiny piece of liver this morning. I'm expecting assplosions for walks tonight.

Frodo ate the squirrels, Izzy turned them down. *cues screeching brakes sound effect* That's right, Izzy the garbage disposal actually turned down edible material. Frodo thought it was great. They're both getting sick of so much chicken, pork is still good. I have to wait for my paycheck next Friday to start adding a new protein, probably beef since turkey is expensive this time of year.

My bike was stolen so there will be no more bikerides for Izzy and I. We are both very upset.

I want a collie.

The End.

2 comments:

Megan said...

hahaha, I lie to my dogs a lot... oops!

So sad about not finding a place to live... you can come live with me in the spring, ya know... just a billion miles away!

I'm not too surprised that Izzy turned down squirrel. I've been told that my dogs (canine garbage disposals) will likely turn down rabbit/squirrel/etc (meat that's not "normal").

Lauren said...

LOL!

I know the housing situation sucks. I COULD be looking harder, but if the tenants upstairs move I would definitely rather move up there than somewhere else, just because I don't have to worry about being late with the rent or getting in trouble if the dogs bark.

I've heard that a lot of dogs turn down rabbit, never heard that about squirrel though. I'd rather they be eating the wild animals though, less fat and such.