Sunday, December 14, 2008

R.I.P. Gerdy

Gerdy went to the bridge (under the bridge?) (a moot point as I don't believe in the bridge?) (whatever.) a few days ago. Thursday to be exact.

I didn't have her long. Got her the day of my first classes this semester and she died the day after my last final. She was a pain in the ass and defeated the whole purpose of my getting a fish in the first place. Was supposed to be entertainment as I studied into the wee hours of the morning. Ended up keeping me from studying in my room at all as she picked fights with her reflection when any lights were on.

She died of dropsy. It was fast, well...fast as far as dropsy is concerned. I noticed the pine cone scales while changing her tank on Wednesday and by Thursday night she was dead. I don't think she was in pain, I don't know how much pain fish feel but I hope she didn't feel much.

I had even been planning on a trip to Petco as soon as I figured out my grades to pick up Spencer, her girlfriend. I don't think I'm going to be getting Spencer anytime soon now, but who knows.

R.I.P. Gerdy

No comments: