Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't wanna.

I don't wanna spend $60 on flea and tick meds for the dogs this month. :/
I could feed the dogs for over a month with that amount of money. I could buy over 30 delicious TAZO drinks from Starbucks. I could pay for the majority of a flyball class. I could buy new collars. I could buy a book for college. I could buy a training book. I could do a lot with that money, but instead I'm stuck buying chemicals to put on my dogs (and cat). Hmph.

I don't understand where the fleas keep coming from?! The dogs get them, I treat the house, and they come back. I hate it! I was hoping the raw food would make it so I didn't need to buy the chemicals, as I know it does for a lot of people, but apparently I am not one of these people. Unfortunately. I'm thinking maybe I pick them up from one of the dogs I dogsit for? Who knows...

And it's not even just the money that irks me about it. I'm trying to do things as naturally as possible with the animals, from their food to shoveling out money for titers instead of vaccines, blah blah blah. I don't like that I'm putting these chemicals on them and it's soaking into their skin, it can't be good for them! But if I don't Izzy and Inky will bite and scratch until they are bald, Frodo and Mollie aren't much better. They are miserable when they have fleas.

Exhibit A:
Miserable Frodo
(okay, so this isn't him with fleas as much as it is him wanting to go for a walk.)


I really need to go pick up some today though.


No comments: