Friday, October 3, 2008

Flyball 10/3

Had flyball tonight, woot!
Started of kinda bad as I was running late and then when I got to the non-public parking lot for the training club, it was packed. Because apparently high school football night trumps the fact that it is non-public!! So I ended up parking in about 6 inches of mud, which I had to wade through the get Izzy out of her crate in the back of the car.

Like so...
So I spent the night with muddy shoes and sweatpants, worrying about whether I would be able to get my car out of the ginormous amount of mud it was parked in. Didn't make for a happy owner.

Then my trainer worked on some ball work with Izzy, which of course went...not so well. I've been instructed to go back and begin back-chaining the whole sequence again. My response...

:(


Anywho, after that we did some hurdles and Izzy did decent. I'll just be happy when she has enough ball drive to get the ball off the chute, then we'll be getting somewhere!

Video of Izzy hurdling...


You can't see it all that good on the video, but she goes so fast that she slides when she gets to me and tries to stop. xD
You can also see how food motivated she is in the vid. She doesn't want to leave me (who has food), until she finds out that my trainer has good food too. And if you didn't catch it, Izzy tried to take my trainer's fingers off because she was holding food. *le sigh*

Izzy after hurdles. Being content.

That was pretty much all we did tonight, it was a short practice, which made me a little glad, I'm so tired and I'm definitely going straight to bed after I post this. There's probably a million errors in this post as it is, lol.

On another note, I went to Wal-Mart today to get sidewalk chalk (another post for another day) and a bed for the dogs. I ended up getting them a microfleece comforter, it is soooooooft. I was tempted to just keep it for myself and leave them with their old towels, :p.

The Goods.

Anyway, I thought I had picked up a twin, turns out it is a king sized sheet O.o It's ginormous.

Before I even had a chance to rearrange it for the dogs Izzy claimed it as hers.
Guess Frodo is stuck with Green Chair :/
Then she got an itch.
And looked cute.

Tomorrow on, As the Corgi Turns... Frodo will encounter his first "bigger than their head" meal. A 5 pound pork shoulder to be exact. It will be taped. And photogrpahed. Srsly, it's gonna be huge! :p

2 comments:

Megan said...

Bailey says flyball hurdling (is that a word?) looks like lots of fun!

Stupid people who can't read "non-public parking" bother me too!

Lauren said...

Izzy says it is fun. Specially when there are people waiting with food at both ends! lol

Glad I'm not the only one :p My trainer called the landlord and complained, hopefully they do something about it!