Monday, October 13, 2008

If you feed it, they will come...

the runny poos that is. :D

Today I gave Izzy half an ounce of pork. I'm thinking there will probably be hell to pay tomorrow. I seriously do not think that she will ever have firm stools. Ever. We have been biking every day though, and she loves it! But she's still never going to have firm stools and that makes me sad.

Inky's also been trying to scare the snot out of me by not eating again (we went through feline hepatic lipidosis once with him, don't EVER plan on doing it again). Last night he decided he didn't want stinky pork, which he's gladly eaten before, and then this morning turned down the tip of a chicken wing. I didn't have anything else thawed so I gave in and he got some cooked chicken that was in the fridge. For dinner he had some chicken gizzard, boy was he happy at their return! Then I gave him a teeny time piece of chicken liver and he scarfed that down too, which makes me very happy as I know a lot of people have trouble getting their animals to eat liver.

I also picked up two whole chickens at the store, one 2 pounder and one 5 pounder. I'm going to leave them whole and feed them in different sittings, like I did with Frodo and the pork. Speaking of which, there were ginormous pork shoulders there at $1.29/lb, it killed me to leave them there! I did get some pretty great deals on pork though, which is good.

And there's those dead squirrels in my freezer yet O.o

1 comment:

Megan said...

Eeewie! Bailey's tummy finally realized chicken was good to eat by the time I had to leave for school again. Otherwise I had to pull all fat I could off of her chicken so that I didn't end up with cannon-butt dog. Good luck! I hope everyone recovered (or better yet, didn't react)!